Saturday, July 14, 2007

Book of July

Am reading Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Will let you know how it goes.
I've loved reading all my life, but have so far remained mostly in the realms of light literature, like mystery novels and even the Animorph series (I know. groan). I occasionally wonder off into tangents (Mockingbird,root..heavier yet very readable) , but have always returned. Since coming here, I've met ppl who read very widely. And it made me realize that I might be missing out on some pretty cool ideas by avoiding those books that i consider heavy ie those who try to explore human nature.
So i've been reading john irving. and now ayn rand. and next will be milan kundera. And i've realised why i never got into these type of books even though i love reading so much. It's because they are mostly sad. And I don't like sad stories, or movies for that matter. I like gutsy stories. preferably with sunshine and rainbows thrown in at the ending (Explains why I can enjoy Bollywood movies too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like sad movies either. It's so depressing.

I should send you a movie done in Singapore, title is" Just Follow Law'.It pokes fun on how things are done in the SG's govt sector, quite hilarious. Let me see if I can send you any link =)

Cheers
Pau