Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The lane

My dearest girls,
I was driving around today in the summer sun. Slightly aimlessly, but in a good way. I turned onto a road that i had never turned onto before, and suddenly saw a road named, (you will never guess) Lover's Lane.
Just like in Green Gables. And just like Anne, I feel in love with it straightaway. I could feel a grin slowly spreading across my underslept face. I turned left onto lover's lane, and it winded all the way down to the enormous lake that shall remain nameless for now (because i dont know it). it skirted the shore, meandered around some quaint old houses with boats in the front yard, and gentle waves lapping against the flower beds,and rejoined a main road some distant away. And just like our book, it was green, and leafy, and cool, and happy, and peaceful...and young yet wise.
I felt myself sigh, took a deep breathe, and suddenly realized that up till now, i had not really been breathing for quite a long time.

love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u take a pic of the lane n lake? :D how much's the house there? hihihi...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kampung Girl

We were just back in our kampung and your dad told us about your blog. Congrats on your graduation. And Blessed Birthday. A little belated.

Have fun and stay in touch.

Ko, Sis Kheng & Aliana
touboon@yahoo.com

kampung girl said...

didi..
the houses ard the lake? 400k to 500k ah. cannot afford. but very nice tho.
buy me a nice digital cam la. i'll take pictures for you.

koko and sis kheng,
thank you! you always remembered my Bday. :) I'll write to you soon.

Aliana my beloved little one whom i've not yet met,
i hope to see you soon. we can play and i'll buy you ice cream. how's that?

love,
kg.