Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Today

Today is my second day at my new job at a new company in a new industry in a new state and new town. I went for a meeting and tried hard to understand what was being said. I felt a bit nostalgic cos the meeting reminded me of what my job was and what fun i had when i was an engineer on a little island back home. I ate lunch alone today. Because, well, because i couldnt work up the guts to ask my colleagues to lunch since they looked so busy. :p i will try again tomorrow. and bring a sandwich just in case.

After work i drove around. This new little town that will be my home for a year or more, if things work out well. To my amazement i found 2 big lakes hidden behind trees on each side of the road. I mean big - like BIG. With houses around it, and boats sailing in it. It actually looked like sausalito though much more rustic. I am so glad that i am living around water again. Because i grew up by the sea, and my soul was nourished by the salty air, my heart calmed by the splashing waves on mornings spent lying on the rocks. And though there's no salt in the air here, it is blessing enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, where got pesky oh :D Congratz to u .... yeah. Never tell us your convo date.. Mom was planning to go to US for that ler...

kampung girl said...

sure pesky la. come anyway. come. you sis needs a bday present.

Minghan said...

char siu as usual :P
btw my yahoo id - mhniam got hijacked by virus, that's why lost touch with you all. the virus changed my password so that's the end of mhniam@yahoo.com

Minghan said...

btw, after 7 years of working, i eat alone quite frequently too